WHO IS THE DATA CONTROLLER FOR YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION AND HOW YOU CAN CONTACT US
The data controller is the WSB-DSW Academic Federation, al. Grunwaldzka 238A, Gdańsk.
In case of any questions concerning the processing of your personal data and your rights in this regard, contact our Personal Data Inspector: Rafał Surowy, email@example.com.
THE PURPOSE AND THE LEGAL BASIS FOR DATA PROCESSING AS WELL AS THE RETENTION PERIODS
By your consent, your data will be processed for marketing purposes for five years counted from September 1 of the year following the date of your consent. Thanks to this consent, we will be able to send you information about our offer, the events organized by us and the campaigns that we have prepared for you.
In terms of operating on social media, we will process your data for the following purposes:
1) to run our profile/channel in social media, on conditions defined by them and to inform you via them about our activities, the events organized by us, and the products and services offered;
2) to contact you;
3) to analyse of the running, the popularity and the use of our profile/channel;
4) to send you commercial information, including invitations to events organized by us, through the profile/channel functionality.
The legal basis for the processing of your data for the purposes mentioned above is our legitimate interest, which is to promote our business and extend the group of our supporters as well as answer your questions. We process your personal data for the period of your activity related to the profile/channel, and then until your account is deleted or removed from your profile/channel.
Further, we may process your data to establish claims, defending against them or/and pursuing them, which is our legitimate interest. In processing your data, we shall follow the statute of limitations for possible claims, determined by law.
Alumni career tracking
In order to analyze our graduates’ careers, your data will be processed by your consent for five years counted from September 1 of the year following the date of graduation. Thanks to this agreement, we can learn whether you are satisfied with your studies and how their completion influenced your career. Based on these data, we can improve the offer and expand our education programs.
The implementation of educational services and data storage after the completion of the service
In order to provide educational service during the course of your studies by taking necessary actions before the conclusion of the contract, as well as to guarantee storing the data after performing the service, your data will be processed on the basis of the contract or the Act of July 20, 2018, Law on Higher Education and Science, for the period of:
1) 50 years, under paragraph 15, item 4, of the Ordinance of the Minister of Science and Higher Education of September 27, 2018, regarding studies;
2) 50 years, if the documentation concerns the postgraduate and the MBA studies;
3) resulting from applicable legal provisions for other educational services (e.g. training);
4) 6 months from the end of the enrolment process if you do not take up studies with us.
WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR DATA PROCESSING?
You have the right to:
1. request access to your data;
2. correct of your data;
3. request the obliteration of your data if:
- you will withdraw your consent to their processing;
- your data cease to be necessary for the purpose for which it was collected or otherwise processed;
- you object to the use of your data for marketing purposes;
- you object to the use of your data to adapt our services to your preferences;
- your personal details are processed unlawfully;
4. request the restrictions on the processing of your data;
5. object to their processing;
6. request the transfer of your data;
7. withdraw your consent for data processing at any time, as long as it is based on your consent. The withdrawal of your consent does not affect the processing of your data carried out by us before its withdrawal.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the President of the Office for Personal Data Protection when you feel that the processing of your data violates the provisions of applicable law.
Providing personal data for marketing purposes (including conducting activities in social media) to facilitate tracking the careers of our graduates is voluntary.
Providing data to provide educational services and data storing after the service is provided is required by law or is necessary to conclude a contract. Your refusal to provide your details or providing incorrect data prevent us from providing the service for you.
HOW WE CUSTOMIZE OUR SERVICES TO YOUR NEEDS AND PREFERENCES?
We will process personal data collected for marketing purposes in an automated way in the form of profiling. This means that thanks to analyzing the data you provide, we will present an offer tailored to your needs. Such action is our legitimate interest, which consists in developing our business and the opportunity to present you with the best possible proposal.
Based on the data we have received from you, we adjust the content of online advertising to your preferences as well. Again, we operate based on our legitimate interest, which is to promote our business and select the best offer for you. You can change your browser settings to disable, among others the personalization of ads. In this regard, we refer you to the appropriate regulations of your browser.
In addition, we also use advertising on social media. Depending on the type of media, you can also change your profile/account settings for ads. Again, we refer you to the relevant regulations of the media mentioned above.
WITH WHOM DO WE SHARE YOUR DATA?
As a university, on a daily basis we use the services of companies, thanks to which we provide you with the highest standard of service.
Your data may be forwarded to them for processing on our behalf. It happens most often in the case of cooperation with a specific service provider (e.g. a provider of data storage services, a provider of postal, courier, payment, legal, insurance, IT as well as audit services) or a subcontractor (e.g. marketing agency). We may also transfer your data to entities affiliated with us by shares or by a person. In this situation, the transfer of data does not entitle other entities to any processing, but only to use them for the purposes explicitly indicated by us. In no case does the transfer of data release us as the Administrator from the responsibility for their processing.
Regarding the use of social media by us, your data may be transferred to the owners of portals: Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, Instagram, as well as marketing agencies that support us.
The Administrator’s suppliers are based mainly in Poland and other countries of the European Economic Area (EEA). Some of the suppliers are established outside the EEA. In connection with the transfer of the User’s data outside the EEA, the Administrator has made sure that the suppliers would guarantee a high level of personal data protection. These guarantees arise in particular from the obligation to use standard contractual clauses adopted by the Commission (the EU) or the participation in the “Privacy Shield” program established by Commission Implementing Decision (EU) 2016/1250 of July 12, 2016, on the adequacy of protection provided by the EU-US Privacy Shield.
You have the right to request us to provide you with a copy of standard contractual clauses by sending a request to the email address of our Data Protection Officer.
Cookie Files Policy
What are cookie files?
Cookies are the IT data, in particular text files, stored in the User’s end devices, intended for the use of websites. These files enable to recognize the User’s device and display the website adequately adapted to their individual preferences. Cookies usually contain the name of the website from which they originate, their storage time on the end-device, and a unique number.
- adjusting the content of the website pages to the User’s preferences and optimizing the use of websites; in particular, these files allow to recognize the device of the website User and correctly display the website, adjusted to their individual needs;
- generating statistics that help to understand how website Users use particular websites, which enables improving the structure and content of these websites;
- maintaining the website User’s session (after logging in), thanks to which the User does not have to re-enter their login and password on every subpage of the website.
What kind of cookies do we use?
Within our websites, two basic types of cookies are used: the “session” and the “persistent” cookies. Session cookies are temporary files that are stored on the User’s end device until logging out, leaving the website, or turning off the software (a web browser). Persistent cookies are stored in the User’s device for the time specified in the cookie file parameters or until they are deleted by the User.
The websites use the following types of cookies:
- “necessary” cookies, enabling the use of services available on websites, e.g. authentication cookies used for services that require authentication on websites;
- cookies used to ensure security, e.g. they are used to detect fraud in the field of authentication within websites;
- “performance” cookies, enabling the collection of information on the use of websites
- “functional” cookies that enable “remembering” the settings selected by the User and personalization of the User’s interface, e.g. in the scope of the selected language or region of the User's origin, font size, website appearance, etc.
- “advertising” cookies, enabling the delivery of advertising content to the Users that is more tailored to their interests;
- “analytical” cookies for the internet analysis that allow a better understanding of how the Users interact with the web content to further enhance our website layout. They gather the information on how the visitors use our site, the type of website Users have been redirected with, and the number of visits and times the Users’ visits on this website This information does not record specific personal data of the User, but is used to compile statistics on the use of the site on an aggregate basis, to which end we use the Google Analytics solution.
Cookies of independent companies located on the Operator’s website:
- Google Analytics – website analysis cookies collect information about the way visitors use our website, the type of website from which users were redirected, and the number of visits of users and the time of visit to this site. This information does not record the User’s specific personal data, but it is used to compile statistics on the use of the site on an aggregate basis
- YouTube – videos and links to YouTube videos have been posted on the websites ran by the Operator. As a result, when browsing a page with embedded content from YouTube or provided via particular links, the User may come across cookie files from these sites.
More information: youtube.pl
- Adobe Flash Player – the website uses Flash animations. Flash Player uses local shared objects or Flash cookies to enable the User to practice various features, such as automatic recovery or saving user preferences. Flash cookies are stored on the User's device in the same way as regular cookies but are managed differently from the browser.
More information: www.adobe.com
Do cookies contain personal data?
Personal data collected using cookies can be collected only to perform specific functions for the User. Such data is encrypted in a way that prevents unauthorized access to them.
Typically, the software used for browsing websites allows as by default to place cookies on the end device. These settings can be changed in such a way as to block the automatic handling of cookie files in the web browser settings or inform about their every transfer to the User’s device. Detailed information about the possibilities and the ways of handling cookies is available in the software (web browser) settings.
What are security measures used by the WSB University local websites?
The Operator’s websites are provided with the security measures to protect the data under our control from loss, misuse, or modification. We undertake to protect all information disclosed to us by our Customers by the security and confidentiality standards.
The website Operator offers the Users the opportunity to opt out of receiving advertising materials and ordered newsletters. The Operator provides the Users with the option to remove information about themselves from the databases and allows them to stop receiving information sent via e-mails.